New Student Orientation is Postponed Until Further Notice
In order to stop the spread of COVID-19, our campus has transitioned to an online learning environment for the remainder of the school year and summer. Current students are instructed to email their instructors for further instructions.
New Students- Thank you for choosing the Bakersfield Adult School! New registration information will be posted soon, including information regarding how to register and attend orientation.
Thank you for deciding to continue your education at our school. We want you to succeed at setting and reaching your goals--- to develop skills---to be effective communicators---and to be able to use resources in the community.
Bakersfield Adult School is now YOUR SCHOOL! We hope you will take pride in maintaining a clean learning environment. Please do all you can to help us keep your campus clean.
Here are some important facts and rules to remember that are part of the contract you must sign to enroll in BAS classes which include the following:
- When you enroll, you are giving us permission to contact you by phone or email.
- Cell phones should be turned off and put away while you are in class.
- You may only park in designated parking spaces. If you do not display a special permit, you may not park in the handicapped parking spaces. Drive slowly and safely.
- There is no smoking anywhere on our campus, including in your car.
- We have a snack bar, but it is only available for YOUR PROGRAM during your break times.
- You may not bring drugs or alcoholic beverages on campus. If you come to school under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be suspended or expelled.
- You are not allowed to carry any type of weapon at school. Anything that is made to look like a weapon is considered to be a weapon.
- You may not copy answers or cheat on assignments or tests. This will result in disciplinary action.
- Children are not allowed in Bakersfield Adult School classrooms. Visitors must report to the office for approval and wear a visitor badge while on campus.
- Please follow our dress code. No disruptive clothing. Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times. Students are not to wear clothing that has writing referring to alcohol, tobacco, drugs, gangs or sex. If your clothing causes a distraction, you will be asked to change.
- Students must follow the attendance policy of their program.
- Please keep a positive attitude. Your teachers determine the rules for your classroom. If you show a lack of respect for your teacher, school property (including books) or for other students, you may be asked to leave Bakersfield Adult School.
- We do not allow sexual harassment at Bakersfield Adult School. Please treat each other professionally.
- Do not make comments about someone’s appearance, clothing, or sexual behavior. If someone does not wish to give you personal information or to speak privately with you, do not ask them to do so. You may be dropped from Bakersfield Adult School if you violate this rule.
- Remember!!! Bakersfield Adult School is YOUR school and your key to success!
The Bakersfield Adult School adheres to a philosophy that our students will be enthusiastic and motivated community members that will be prepared for the workplace. Education is our primary concern and our teachers' success is measured by your educational achievements.