I did not receive my schedule
An email will be sent to you with your schedule before your first day of class. During your recent registration, you received a message stating that you will be getting information regarding enrollment before your first day of class.
I can't see the registration form, please help!
The primary reason is that you are using an old, or outdated web browser like Internet Explorer.
Please switch to either of these browsers to see the registration form.
Should I take an online class?
Your answers to the following questions will help you to decide
- Am I a self-starter and able to motivate myself to work?
- Can I budget my time, and set schedules for myself, to get work completed on time?
- Do I have basic computer skills: word processing, internet browsing, and e-mail (including sending and receiving attachments)?
- Can I communicate adequately in writing? Can I understand and follow the instructions given in writing?
- Am I comfortable participating in a class where I am not physically present and may not know the instructor or the other students?
If you answered "yes" to most of these questions, chances are you are a good candidate for success in an online course. A few "no" answers to these questions may identify areas that need to be strengthened or addressed, but you may still decide that online learning is a good choice for you.
If you answered "no" to many of these questions, this may indicate that your chances for success may be greater in a traditional course setting at this time.
How do online courses work?
I don’t have a computer or WiFi access. Can I enroll?
All students will need reliable internet access along with their own personal devices. Bakersfield Adult School will not be providing each student with phones, mobile devices, tablets, Chromebooks, or any other hardware.
AJCC Supportive Services may be able to provide you with a computer and other resources if you qualify. Please see this AJCC flyer for more information.
How do I access my classes?
Canvas is supported on all major browsers on Windows, Apple macOS, and ChromeOS operating systems. Mobile browsers are not supported, and it is recommended students use the app on mobile devices.
How can I get my diploma?
Please email Mayra Sandoval at [email protected] to make arrangements for pick up. You will need to show your photo ID to receive the diploma.
How can I get my transcript?
- Order your transcripts online through parchment.com
- Official transcripts cost $4.15 (For Jobs or college enrollment)
- The process is very fast - approximately 2-3 days.
- If you are having issues ordering your transcript please contact Mayra Sandoval at [email protected]
NOTE: If the last high school the student attended is closed for a holiday, visit the KHSD District Office to order one directly.
GED Records Requests
Bakersfield Adult School no longer collects nor stores GED results for exams taken at any of our facilities.
Where can I find more info on classes that will be offered?
Fall courses are contingent on enrollment. We will be offering ESL, GED, High School Diploma, Business, Computer, and Independent Studies. All online courses offered by Bakersfield Adult School will be listed under the Fall Registration section of our website https://bas.kernhigh.org/apps/pages/OnlineRegistration
How much do classes cost?
Are we having a Graduation Ceremony?
Please see click on this link for graduation information.