Get Work Experience Credit
Bakersfield Adult School Credit for Work Experience/College Credit/Military Service
Work experience, College credit, and/or Military service can potentially be used for credit toward high school completion. Please speak to the Registrar in the Admin Office for detailed information regarding credit of this type.
The student must do the following before submitting work experience:
- Be enrolled in high school diploma classes.
- Complete at least five credits at Bakersfield Adult School in the current year.
- Complete at least 100 credits from non-elective classes.
When submitting work experience paperwork, please add full name, birth date, and student ID number.
Students may verify their work experience in ONE of the following ways:
- Bring original W2 forms or Tax Returns for any years after what would have been your senior high school year.
- Bring a Social Security Statement— go online to www.ssa.gov create a free personal account, and print off a copy of your entire Earnings Report. If you are locked out of your account, you can go to the Social Security Office for your Earnings Report, which is given to you at NO COST. They should stamp or sign it for you.
DO NOT BUY AN EMPLOYMENT REPORT FROM THEM! THIS IS NOT THE REPORT WE NEED.
Each year of full or part-time work is analyzed on its own merits and may or may not qualify for credit. A maximum of forty credits are allowed from work exp., college credits, and/or military service combined. SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTATION TO and EMAIL QUESTIONS TO THE BAS REGISTRAR IN ADMIN
Submit the documentation to the BAS Registrar, Mayra Sandoval at [email protected]
If you have questions, please feel free to email Mayra.