Our program has limited openings for eligible families. The first step to access center-based
program service is to be placed on our waiting list. Families screened and selected for potential
enrollment from the waiting list will be asked to complete the orientation process, and submit
documentation to verify eligibility/need for services. The Center maintains a current
eligibility/waiting list in accordance with admissions priorities. Our program shall contact
applicants in order of priority from the waiting list as vacancies occur.
Priority of services for General Child Care (Toddler)
General Child Care
• First priority for services: shall be given to children receiving child protective services
through the local county welfare department shall be enrolled before children identified
as at risk of being neglected or abused.
• Second priority for services: shall be given to children and families in accordance with
family income, with the lowest family income ranked families admitted first. When two
or more families have the same income ranking the family that has a child with
exceptional needs shall be admitted first. Then a family with the oldest application date
will be admitted.
The priority of services for Full Time State Preschool
• First priority for services: shall be given to three-year-old or four-year-old neglected or
abused children who are recipients of child protective services or recipients who are at
risk of being neglected or abused, upon written referral from a legal, medical, or social
agency without regard to income.
• Second priority for services: shall be given to all eligible CSPP four-year-old children
who are not enrolled in a state-funded transitional kindergarten program in accordance
with family income ranking, with the lowest income ranking being admitted first.
• Third priority for services: shall be given to all CSPP eligible three-year-old children in
accordance with family income ranking, with the lowest income ranking being admitted